Hey Everyone!! I know you have waiting for another career empowerment message…well click the line below to tune in:
Your Favorite Career Coach,
Hey Everyone!! I know you have waiting for another career empowerment message…well click the line below to tune in:
Your Favorite Career Coach,
If you’re in need of career inspiration to jumpstart your work week then l join me on the
Joining in will allow you to jumpstart your work week the right way!
This week I remind you that YOU are victorious over anxiety within your career journey!
Scripture Ref. Philippians 4:4-7.
I look forward to having you on the prayer call 🙂
Many blessings from your favorite Career Coach, Crystal Williams
Have YOU ever told yourself this before???
A little over a decade ago I graduated from college with my bachelors and what I thought would be the start of a great career ended up being horrible or what I like to call a career tragedy!!! After completing my third consecutive summer internship with a top accounting firm, I ended up not getting the job offer with the company I always dreamed of working for and on top of that I couldn’t get accepted in to any of the graduate schools I applied for without an acceptable test score. .My career plans were shattered and I felt unqualified for everything! I had experienced so much rejection that summer! A no here, a no there, a no everywhere! I told myself that I was not qualified because I faced rejection in my career AND I told myself that I was not qualified when things in my career journey got hard…my heart was completely broken…I kind of spiraled out of control and went into a mini depression state. .
You see I was dwelling on what I thought were failures at the time but it was really God redirecting me to where He wanted me to be in my career journey. After all, I had surrendered my career! As I think back now on what happened I thank God because I can truly say that my career tragedy is my value!!!! I am the solution to individuals that do not feel qualified and empowered to thrive in their career journey! .My clients are attracted to me because I know what its like to hit rock bottom in your career and I can truly empower them to press forward and show them how to clearly execute to get from Point A to Point B throughout their career journey!!!.
I’m currently creating a COURSE that provides individuals the blueprint to authentically excel within their career journey and take full ownership of their career!!!!
Because 2020 keeps telling you to LEVEL DOWN, I created The Career Level Up Series!!! Click the link https://bit.ly/CareerLevelUpYouTube to check out the first episode on The YOU Brand Academy’s YouTube Channel! (P.S don’t forget to subscribe!)
Why YOU want to tune in:
-YOU want to know WHO you should not befriend (the triplets) in your career journey.
-YOU need inspiration and motivation to push forward within your 9 to 5 career journey in this season.
-YOU are seeking for strategies to authentically excel within your career journey.
Leveling UP is the only solution if you find yourself at a crossroads in your career, business, and over life journey! For the next few weeks, I will be releasing FREE content on The YOU Brand Academy’s YouTube Channel to assist in your LEVEL UP!
So get ready and get set to LEVEL UP by tuning in to The Career Level Up Series today!!!! (New episodes will release every Wednesday)
P.S. Don’t forget to join our mailing list at the following link: http://bit.ly/joinyoubrandlist
Did YOU know you were created for greatness??? I just wanted to stop by to remind you of this very fact because it’s so easy to dwell on the negative facts but not the positive facts of life.
Good Day Folks!
Allow me to reintroduce myself! My name is Crystal Williams and I am the Chief Career Transitionist at my purpose driven company, The YOU Brand Academy!!!(www.theyoubrandacademy.com, follow on Instagram (IG) & FaceBook (FB) @theyoubrandacademy) I’m also know as the ‘Career Coach for Millennials’!!
On this site you will receive a dose of career inspiration and learn tips on what you should do to maintain your sanity within your 9 to 5 career journey! Life’s too short to not be happy in your workplace atmosphere or be in a career you are unable to find joy! My goal is to assist you in shifting your career trajectory so if you know you need assistance and need to LEVEL UP in your career book a YOU Brand Consult ASAP at this link: http://bit.ly/YouBrandConsult !
In the mean time get to know me better by reviewing the interesting FACTS (See Below) about myself so we can connect on a personal level. I love connecting with people so if you have any interesting FACTS that align with mine I would be happy to hear about it or if you just want me to elaborate on a FACT more (within reason of course) I would be happy to do so! Simply send an email to email@example.com so we can chat! (P.S. I do a LIVE Q&A session on both business platforms each Wednesday at 8pm (est) and answer career/business related questions…so join in on the fun!)
1. I used to walk in disobedience BUT now I walk in obedience by operating in my purpose as a Career Transitionist by positioning and empowering individuals, UNHAPPY at work, who are READY to make a drastic employment change RIGHT NOW! #FaithAndYourCareer
2. I discovered my passion and purpose through my pain experienced at the beginning of my career. I had a career tragedy at the beginning of my career but by God’s grace I was able to OVERCOME by developing strategies needed to excel in my career…it’s been 9 years since my career tragedy which I realize now it was just God’s way of gracefully breaking me to walk into the path he planned for me…#CertifiedMemberOfTheOvercomerSquad #WalkingInPurpose #CareerTransitionist
3. I had a very lucrative career in Corporate America and I loved it! I can truly say I experienced my version of career prosperity and I’m so ready to show you how! I have truly OVERCOME challenges in my career but I’m glad my testimony can now serve as a blueprint for someone else to authentically excel in their careers! #MakingAnImpact #WorkingInCorporateAmericaOnPurposeByFaith
4. I’m a wife to a very loving and supportive husband!! He’s my best friend and boo thang for life 🥰 So honored to be his wife and to do life with him!
5. I’m a mother to a very beautiful and intelligent 2 year old daughter who brings me pure joy everyday! So honored to have the privilege to raise her🥰
6. I write poetry that will ignite your soul! Maybe I’ll perform for you one day. Currently working on a special poetry project so stay tuned! (P.S. Just know that it will inspire and empower you to be all that God has called you to be!)
7. I graduated from 2 illustrious HBCUs (shout out to North Carolina A&T: Accounting Major and Morgan State University: MBA). Additionally, I’m a life long learner because I simply believe education is a key to thriving in all areas of life.
8. I LOVE Jesus!!! I am led by God in ALL I do and wouldn’t be where I’m at in life if it was not for my faith! By no means am I perfect BUT who is🤷🏽♀️ I simply operate in faith not facts!!!
9. I’m originally from Chesapeake, VA (#757) but now I reside in Upper Marlboro, Maryland!!! If you’re in the DMV area and want to talk business I’m all ears. There is power in collaboration especially if it’s a divine connection! (which is the only connection I’m interested in making!) P.S. if you are not in the DMV area we can still connect because technology is a beautiful thing! #DMV #entrepreneur
10. I absolutely love TV!!! I gave it up for lent one year because my TV addiction was horrible it became distracting and I could get nothing done! So I prayed about it and NOW I have the ability to watch TV or a movie with a purpose! Every time I watch TV now I pretty much have a revelation afterwards…I like to think of it as a little gift from God since I love TV and certain movies so much
-I am the President and Founder of a nonprofit entitled The First Suit Project, Inc.(www.thefirstsuitproject.org) Follow on IG and Facebook @thefirstsuitproject. We celebrated 5 years of
operating this year!
-I just launched my fitness company entitled PRAISE FIT, LLC!!! Check out the link to learn more https://bit.ly/praisefitllc ! Follow on IG @praisefit4all and FB @PraiseFitLLC
-I am the host of my very own podcast entitled, Peculiar Career Chit Chat!!! Check it out on all major podcast platforms (Apple Podcast, Spotify, etc.)
(NOTE: Oh Happy Day! Soooo I’m truly convinced that this message below is meant for someone to see and share…why!? Because I thought I posted this wayyy back but I found it in my drafts this morning. So if this is for you or anyone you know I hope you’re blessed by it😊.)
Greetings! This blog just like every other blog is personal to me but if you don’t get anything from this…please get that FAITH is key no matter what you are going through.
Quick question: How would you respond if you saw your available balance in your bank account was $0.00 as shown in the picture above???? (Feel free to discuss in the comment section!)
Well in full disclosure this was me some time ago…yes that’s right me and it wasn’t because I was being reckless or irresponsible or spending beyond my means. It was because I felt (and I was led to by God) the money would be more useful to someone who needed more.
I was more than happy to help them out even if it meant my bank account having an available balance of $0.00. After all, At the top of my budget spreadsheet it states ‘Trust the Lord and NOT your bank account’. So that’s exactly what I did…God is my source….my job is my resource…so As usual I trusted, had faith and knew God would provide no matter what! So today and everyday I encourage YOU to do the same too.
Until Next Time,
Hello Hello!! If you’re reading this I hope you’re doing well😊
This post is meant to inspire you to be FEARLESS in all your pursuits and SOAR!!! However…often times people let baggage hold them down from taking off and truly being purposeful with their lives. Yes, it’s true that soaring is not going to be easy but you gotta take that leap of faith especially in your career endeavors. TD Jakes said it best in his book Soar…’If you’re going to Soar it’s about what you are willing to leave behind’
SOOOO I have three things you must do to start soaring:
1. YOU must leave your past behind you (I’m not saying to totally forget your past because it’s what made you into the person you are today BUT you can’t stay there in the past…you must move forward)
2. YOU must leave that toxic mindset that continuously disqualifies yourself and you must develop the mindset that continuously declares and decrees victory over your situation a mindset that disregards the facts but activates your faith…
3. YOU must leave people or things behind that will hold you down and hinder you from soaring and spreading your wings wide which holds you back from doing YOU unapologetically….
As an adult you should always be learning whether it’s from watching a television show, going to a play or even Disney on Ice! This was my first time at Disney on Ice and I absolutely enjoyed it! The theme was entitled “Dare to Dream” therefore each scene in show discussed a character that had to overcome a challenge in order to reach their dreams. There were so many life/career lessons to be learned from the show and I wanted to share my favorite with you. So ENJOY!!!!
Are you an Olaf???
For those of you not familiar with Olaf, he’s a snowman character in the famous Disney movie “Frozen”. He is the character I related with the most! His story is the classic faith over facts scenario! You see Olaf, a SNOWMAN, dreamed of one day experiencing summer. He loved the idea of summer, sun, and all things HOT! In the show he sung a song entitled, ‘In Summer’, which described all the things Olaf dreamed of doing when he got the chance to experience summer.
Now let’s pause and talk about this before I go any further. We ALL are probably thinking Olaf is crazy to even think his dream of experiencing summer will come true! For goodness sake he’s a snowman built out of what..you guessed it SNOW! And snow has to stay in cold weather or a cold environment if it doesn’t want to melt and become a puddle of water (I know you get it but I’m just trying to make a point)! BUT Olaf being the big dreamer he was never even thought about the mere fact he was made of snow and would melt if he was to experience anything like summer. Instead Olaf had faith and hope that he would thrive and be all that he can be in the summer! #FaithOverFacts
Do YOU see yourself in Olaf??? I sure do! Often times we have dreams for our career or just life that are so big that it seems impossible to even touch or reach. We have dreams so big it may sound crazy to say or even tell someone and they may look at you like ‘are YOU serious?’…’Nooo not you’…or ‘that’s impossible, maybe in another lifetime’. You may get discouraged from their words or you may not but in the back your mind you’re probably going to be thinking why not me in this lifetime! Remember what’s impossible to others can be possible for you if you continue to believe in yourself, work hard, and consistently give it your all! Never mind the naysayers and do YOU unapologetically!
Moving forward with the story, Olaf was sharing his dreams of experiencing summer with Kristoff and Princess Anna when they were in the cold wintery woods. While listening to Olaf discuss his dream of experiencing summer, Kristoff could not believe what he was hearing from the snowman. At the end of the song Kristoff stated ‘I’m going to tell him’. OR in other words Kristoff was going to crush Olaf’s dreams of experiencing summer by telling him you will melt if you experience the hot weather. In this moment…we call Kristoff the dream crusher/naysayers. He symbolizes the folks that don’t believe in your dreams which I know all of us have.
But how do you deal with that?? My top 3 ways are as follows: 1.) Just continue to stay focus on your goals, mission, and purpose that you’re called to fulfill. 2.) Remain faithful and develop daily affirmations for yourself (The Affirmation Alphabets will help you out in developing your daily affirmations). 3.) Constantly take steps to improve your personal brand and strategically enhance your network (those that support you and even your dream crushers will slowly but surely figure out who you are and what you’re all about).
Moving on…Thank goodness for Princess Anna for telling Kristoff not to crush Olaf’s dreams! Anna just listned to what Olaf had to say and never once thought his idea of experiencing summer was impossible. In this moment…we call Anna the cheeleader. She symbolized the folks that believe in your dreams no matter how far fetched they may seem!
For those of you wondering if Olaf ever got the chance to experience summer….welll…YES he did! Princess Elsa (Anna’s sister aka Snow Queen) gave Olaf his very own personal snow flurry that followed him as he experienced the summer!!!!