Hello to all my Professionals, Career Seekers, and Career Changers!
I hope you are doing well 🙂 Bottom line upfront I have GOOD NEWS for you!!! The good news is (drum roll please…):
…the abundance is in your start! In all seriousness the road to the abundant lifestyle you seek is all in your START! Therefore, it’s times up for not starting or working towards your idea or career goal that God has placed in you. Simply put one foot forward and focus on the applause of God instead of the applause from man when progressing towards your career goals or that business idea.
Trust me I know how it is to be stifled by fear specifically the fear of the unknown. But guess what God (aka your heavenly father) shows up and shows out in the unknown!!! Good news right? So just move and be focused on the do not the how…you got it!
I talk more on this subject in my latest podcast episode so click the link below to listen NOW!
You can also find this podcast episode on Spotify and all your other favorite podcast apps 🙂
Crystal Williams-Your Favorite Career Coach
P.S. The “Faith Over Facts Career Spotlight Series” is coming back via my podcast Peculiar Career Chit Chat! If you or anyone else would like to be featured on the series email firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
Additionally, have you grabbed your copy of “Soul Ignition”??? It’s my soul igniting intellectual poetry book full of prompts and affirmations so you can apply God’s word to your life. Grab it here and get an autographed copy: https://bit.ly/soulignitionbook (By the way the book is also being sold on the websites of major retailer stores: Target.com, Walmart.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and Amazon.com)
Year 2 is that you??? Happy Leap of Faith Anniversary to me…I’m a witness to how God truly honors your obedience..
So as I celebrate year 2 of fully transitioning into a different career field that truly ignites my soul, I encourage you to go after what your heart desires. No, it won’t be easy but it’ll be worth it!
My book, Soul Ignition, was birth from my career transition period so here’s a few words of encouragement to ignite your soul to move to your next level in life:
“GIVE NOTICE” to yourself that you deserve the best and nothing less
”TRUST THE PROCESS” God is taking you through that will mold you into who He has called you to be.
The “EVICTION OF FEAR” is essential for your elevation to a place or venture God has prepared for you
Believe “RESILIENCE” is a part of your DNA (trust me you will need that ingredient of yourself during life’s journey)
Remember “THE COST OF AN IDLE MIND” is too expensive especially if it leaves you with regrets…(p.s. just do it sis or bruh)
Embrace the “TEARS AND CHEERS” throughout the shifts of life but just know the cheers will be louder than your tears
Last but not least “LAUGH IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY” as you reach new heights in your career, business, and life in general.
……..Now go forth and become the best version of you…I believe in you -Crystal
(P.S. the content in quotation marks are all titles to my intellectual poems…if you have the book read the poems in its entirety. If you don’t have the book click the link bit.ly/soulignitionbook to get yours today )
Have you said these phrases recently when it come’s to your career journey?
-I’m sooooo over this!…
-Can I do that?…
-I’ll do it next year…
-It’ll fix Itself… etc..
Be honest…I have said this once before in my career journey too; however, when I began to change my perspective and rewire my mind on how I view my career (especially when I was in my 9 to 5 career journey) my days were so much better. Most of all what helped me rewire my mind was:
-I changed how I spoke about the career circumstances I faced,
-Took steps towards my career goal and moved past the doubts/fears of failure,
-Leaned on the true source, who is God, to fix my career circumstances
Bottom line YOU have to make the choice to be the change YOU want to see in your career journey. Why? Well it’s simple because change in your career starts with YOU!
Therefore, YOU should start to make the change during
National Career Development Month(SIGN UP HERE)!!!
Join in on ALL the career development festivities in November going down every Wednesday at 7pm (there will be giveaways only for those signed up!):
FREE Weekly Webinars:
Got Goals? (11/4)
Career Acceleration Secrets Disclosed (11/11)
Discovering Your Divine Purpose (11/18)
Discovering the Ingredients of YOU (11/25)
Virtual Vision Board Party (11/21)-Time will be disclosed to those who register HERE!
See you soon!
If PERSEVERANCE was a person it would be the late great Chadwick Boseman. He was the exact definition of perseverance which is the ability to keep doing something in spite of obstacles. Therefore, people who persevere show steadfastness in doing something despite how hard it may be.
Although I did not personally know Chadwick, I knew that he was an outstanding actor who loved his career. He persevered through his health challenges and produced great movies that all of us have the pleasure to see. I’m sure being in the public eye, playing iconic characters on screen, and having health challenges could not have been easy but since he loved his career I’m sure he would say it was worth it!
His legacy will live on forever because he has made such an impact in our world. The top 3 essential career related things I learned from him are as follows:
1. LOVE what you do in your profession so you can be happy on a regular basis.
2. Whatever you do in your profession, do it with grace and excellence
3. Despite what obstacles you may face in your profession, persevere through them because you are VICTORIOUS and were made to WIN!!!
I want to encourage you to apply what I learned from him in your profession! Additionally, stay focus on the good and the positive things as you journey through your career. Focusing on the negative just causes stress and brings your happiness levels all the way down. I say this time and time again so I’ll say it again, life is too short to be unhappy within your career and do nothing about it. So will YOU do something about it???
If YOU are ready to do something about it simply book a YOU Brand Consult at this link: http://bit.ly/YouBrandConsult
Did YOU know you were created for greatness??? I just wanted to stop by to remind you of this very fact because it’s so easy to dwell on the negative facts but not the positive facts of life.
Good Day Folks!
Allow me to reintroduce myself! My name is Crystal Williams and I am the Chief Career Transitionist at my purpose driven company, The YOU Brand Academy!!!(www.theyoubrandacademy.com, follow on Instagram (IG) & FaceBook (FB) @theyoubrandacademy) I’m also know as the ‘Career Coach for Millennials’!!
On this site you will receive a dose of career inspiration and learn tips on what you should do to maintain your sanity within your 9 to 5 career journey! Life’s too short to not be happy in your workplace atmosphere or be in a career you are unable to find joy! My goal is to assist you in shifting your career trajectory so if you know you need assistance and need to LEVEL UP in your career book a YOU Brand Consult ASAP at this link: http://bit.ly/YouBrandConsult !
In the mean time get to know me better by reviewing the interesting FACTS (See Below) about myself so we can connect on a personal level. I love connecting with people so if you have any interesting FACTS that align with mine I would be happy to hear about it or if you just want me to elaborate on a FACT more (within reason of course) I would be happy to do so! Simply send an email to email@example.com so we can chat! (P.S. I do a LIVE Q&A session on both business platforms each Wednesday at 8pm (est) and answer career/business related questions…so join in on the fun!)
1. I used to walk in disobedience BUT now I walk in obedience by operating in my purpose as a Career Transitionist by positioning and empowering individuals, UNHAPPY at work, who are READY to make a drastic employment change RIGHT NOW! #FaithAndYourCareer
2. I discovered my passion and purpose through my pain experienced at the beginning of my career. I had a career tragedy at the beginning of my career but by God’s grace I was able to OVERCOME by developing strategies needed to excel in my career…it’s been 9 years since my career tragedy which I realize now it was just God’s way of gracefully breaking me to walk into the path he planned for me…#CertifiedMemberOfTheOvercomerSquad #WalkingInPurpose #CareerTransitionist
3. I had a very lucrative career in Corporate America and I loved it! I can truly say I experienced my version of career prosperity and I’m so ready to show you how! I have truly OVERCOME challenges in my career but I’m glad my testimony can now serve as a blueprint for someone else to authentically excel in their careers! #MakingAnImpact #WorkingInCorporateAmericaOnPurposeByFaith
4. I’m a wife to a very loving and supportive husband!! He’s my best friend and boo thang for life 🥰 So honored to be his wife and to do life with him!
5. I’m a mother to a very beautiful and intelligent 2 year old daughter who brings me pure joy everyday! So honored to have the privilege to raise her🥰
6. I write poetry that will ignite your soul! Maybe I’ll perform for you one day. Currently working on a special poetry project so stay tuned! (P.S. Just know that it will inspire and empower you to be all that God has called you to be!)
7. I graduated from 2 illustrious HBCUs (shout out to North Carolina A&T: Accounting Major and Morgan State University: MBA). Additionally, I’m a life long learner because I simply believe education is a key to thriving in all areas of life.
8. I LOVE Jesus!!! I am led by God in ALL I do and wouldn’t be where I’m at in life if it was not for my faith! By no means am I perfect BUT who is🤷🏽♀️ I simply operate in faith not facts!!!
9. I’m originally from Chesapeake, VA (#757) but now I reside in Upper Marlboro, Maryland!!! If you’re in the DMV area and want to talk business I’m all ears. There is power in collaboration especially if it’s a divine connection! (which is the only connection I’m interested in making!) P.S. if you are not in the DMV area we can still connect because technology is a beautiful thing! #DMV #entrepreneur
10. I absolutely love TV!!! I gave it up for lent one year because my TV addiction was horrible it became distracting and I could get nothing done! So I prayed about it and NOW I have the ability to watch TV or a movie with a purpose! Every time I watch TV now I pretty much have a revelation afterwards…I like to think of it as a little gift from God since I love TV and certain movies so much
-I am the President and Founder of a nonprofit entitled The First Suit Project, Inc.(www.thefirstsuitproject.org) Follow on IG and Facebook @thefirstsuitproject. We celebrated 5 years of
operating this year!
-I just launched my fitness company entitled PRAISE FIT, LLC!!! Check out the link to learn more https://bit.ly/praisefitllc ! Follow on IG @praisefit4all and FB @PraiseFitLLC
-I am the host of my very own podcast entitled, Peculiar Career Chit Chat!!! Check it out on all major podcast platforms (Apple Podcast, Spotify, etc.)